Please Support the Greater Kansas City Chapter of the Association of the United States Army’s Programs
#GivingTuesday 2021 is an annual event, which this year occurs on November 30th. The Kansas City Chapter of the Association of the United States Army (KC AUSA) is pleased to participate in this global day of giving and ask for your consideration to support in the mission of the chapter in three worthwhile areas: 1) Soldier and Family Support, 2) The Roger Donlon Awards Program and 3) Programs and Projects.
Soldier & Family Support: Our Soldier & Family Support Fund program assists Active Duty, Reserve and National Guard Soldiers and their families in the Kansas City region who are experiencing a financial emergency. This designated fund enables us to provide one-time grants to assist with unanticipated expenses associated with their military service.
Donlon Patriot Awards Program: The Donlon Patriot Award is the chapter’s highest award that recognizes outstanding local philanthropic support and service to Veterans, members of the Armed Forces, and their families. We remember the sacrofices of those veterans who have served and honor Colonel Roger H.C. Donlon, the first recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor for his gallantry in the Battle of Nam Dong Vietnam in 1964. This program also supports annual awards presented to Army Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets based upon merit.
Programs and Projects: The chapter offers programs each quarter which support our mission to be the voice for the Army in the Greater Kansas City with a concentrated focus on the support to Soldiers, civilians, veterans, and their families through educational programs and community outreach. These unique and premier programs focus on the topics that interest and inpact our Army and are of interest to the local community. Our CAPSTONE event each year is the Army Birthday Celebration (ABC) where we honor and celebrate the service and sacrifies of those who have and continue to serve. The ABC pays special tribute to fallen Soldiers and Gold Star Family members. Other projects directly support veterans and their families.
About the Kansas City Chapter of the Association of the United States Army
The Association of the United States Army is an Educational Non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that supports America’s Army to include Active, National Guard, Reserve, Department of the Army Civilians, Retirees, and Family Members. As the Kansas City metropolitan chapter of the Army’s premier professional association, KC AUSA (www.kcausa.org) helps:
- Educate those we serve (soldiers and their families, Army civilians, retired soldiers and veterans, and the businesses and industries that support the Army) with programs, products, resources, and events…
- Inform our members, Congress and the American public about issues affecting America’s Army – Regular Army, Army National Guard and Army Reserve, and…
- Connect America’s Total Army, its industry partners, like-minded associations, and other supporters at the national, regional and chapter levels.
What KC AUSA does
We educate, inform and connect work in four overlapping program areas of support:
Soldiers | Active, National Guard & Reserve | Veterans | Families & Community
- Support to the U.S. Army Recruiting Command’s Kansas City Battalion. We promote better understanding about how military service enhances our regional workforce by providing our young people exceptional career & skills training and personal development opportunities. We are expanding our Family Support Activities to better connect our friends and neighbors with the experiences of their family members who are serving.
- Professional development for the National Guard, Reserve and Active Duty Soldiers & Non Commissioned Officers, as well as Department of the Army Civilians. We host information-education events in collaboration with local military units and promote access to AUSA’s professional development resources.
- Support to the Army ROTC programs at Northwest Missouri State University, University of Central Missouri, Truman State University and the University of Pittsburg. We support these ROTC units in providing inspiration, and outstanding education & training to their Cadets and future Army Officers so our nation’s sons and daughters are well led.
- Support to Veterans includes support soldiers transitioning to civilian careers to include retiring military veterans. Our members are dedicated to helping others also become contributing, successful members of our Kansas City communities. We coordinate with several Veteran-serving organizations and members volunteer their time, as well as partnering with local companies’ Veteran employee engagement groups. We support and participate each year in local Memorial Day and Veterans Day events & activities, as well as locally sponsor Wreaths Across America every December.
- Community Partners are companies employing serving National Guard & Reserve Soldiers and Veterans, and those interested in National Security & Defense. We work with other community organizations to connect transitioning soldiers and Veterans with companies that need their character and professional skills to sustain & improve their business.