To be the premiere voice of the Army in the Greater Kansas City Area
we are a voice for the Army in the Greater Kansas City area that supports Soldiers, civilians, veterans, and their families through educational programs and community outreach.
About KC AUSA
What KC AUSA does…
- Organize periodic topic breakfast programs with notable guest speakers from the Army, industry, media or government.
- Organize and support local programs designed to benefit Soldiers, retirees, veterans and their families. Each year our volunteers assist with the “Heart of America Stand Down” program to help needy veterans in the Kansas City area.
- Provide guest speakers upon request to news media, schools, civic organizations and other local groups to give interviews or presentations on the Army or other national security related issues.
- Raise funds to support wounded Soldiers and their families.
- Organize efforts to communicate the interests or concerns of Soldiers, retirees, veterans and their families to local, state and federal political leadership.
- Conduct ceremonies and events to promote patriotism and an understanding of the Army and other services. The premier event each year is our military ball to celebrate the Army Birthday.
- Emma Toops, President
- Tanner Smith, Executive Vice President
- Bob Ulin VP Development
- Jose Davis, VP Membership
- Matt Lawson, VP Young Professionals
- Mike Symanski, Immediate Past President
- Treka Henry, Secretary
- Bob Maggio, Treasurer
- James Dressler, Assistant Treasurer
- Matthew Blome, Army Birthday Celebration Committee Chair
- David Toops, Communications Chair