KC AUSA VISION
To be the premiere voice for the Army in Greater Kansas City
KC AUSA MISSION
We are a voice for the Army in the Greater Kansas City area that supports Soldiers, civilians, veterans, and their families through educational programs and community outreach.
ABOUT KC AUSA
- One of 121 AUSA chapters around the world whose organizational purpose as an educational non-profit is to provide the Voice for the Army and Support for the Soldier.
- Chapter priorities for fulfilling our purpose are 1) transitioning military, 2) Young Professionals, and 3) facilitating better understanding and meaningful connections between the military and business communities of KC Metro.
- All chapter leaders are volunteers. Our chapter leadership team is comprised of a diverse group of ages (30 -70+), military experience (NCO – MG), and service experience (AF; Army; AGR; Active Duty; Military Spouse; Vietnam; Desert Storm; 9/11).
- We create and deliver programs that meet the needs of our members and community and have monthly events and activities. Events vary in format and audience but all deliver on our purpose.
Our programs include:
- Our premiere program event each year is the Army Birthday Celebration in June
- Young Professionals Transition Course (pilot launched in 2017)
- Chapter delegation to attend AUSA National Meeting in WA, DC
- ROTC Honor Cadet Saber Award
- Support to Veteran Community Project and other partnered military-support organizations and military associations in the Metro
- Chapter hosted events have varying formats (i.e. Breakfast and Panel; Lunch and Learn; Happy Hour and Social; Evening Panel and Networking; Young Professionals, etc)
- Support to Wreathes Across America. A portion of donations given through our site come back to the chapter and the donated wreathes are laid at local cemeteries on the third Saturday in December.
- Emma Toops, President
- Scott Weaver, Executive Vice President
- Bob Ulin, VP Development
- Jose Davis, VP Membership
- Matt Lawson, VP Young Professionals
- Mike Symanski, Immediate Past President
- Grant Montgomery, Secretary
- Bob Maggio, Treasurer
- Brogan Farran, Assistant Treasurer
- Tom Meier, General Counsel
- David Toops, Communications Chair